.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Sometimes You Have To Be Strong
I know this may come as a shock to some of you. You probably think that your husband is the best. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that just isn't so. How do I know, you ask? Well, it's simple. The best is my husband.

He has a lot of really good traits. He's considerate. He truly believes that since we both work the same hours, we should equally share the housework. He does all the really yucky stuff like take out the garbage, mow the lawn, deal with bugs, and the rare dog poop issues. He brings me breakfast in bed...a lot. He can tell when I've run dry in the cooking department and cooks dinner. If I cook, he does the dishes. If he cooks, he does the dishes. (It is amazing what he can do to a kitchen while cooking. I'm afraid to watch.)

But more importantly than all the above things is this. Earlier this month, I blogged about meeting a friend for lunch at the mall. I said there was a story to come, but I had to wait for the pictures. Well, the pictures arrived, and I think they speak for themselves.

Daddy picks out a Tiger.
(okay, it's a kitty cat with aspirations)

Build-a-Bear lady fills him up.

Daddy picks out a song. Can you guess it?
(yep, Take Me Out To The Ballgame)

One stuffed Tiger with wardrobe standing by.

Daddy practices dressing a little body.
(Just wait until it's a wriggling one!)





Kaline, made with love by Daddy




We have a winner...the world's best husband and daddy!






What really made this so special was the look on his face as he carried the box to me. I could tell from across the mall food court that he was up to something. He had that "little boy at Christmas" look on his face.

P.S. In case I haven't mentioned it lately, he's a huuuuuge Detroit Tiger fan. Can you tell?


4 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

Awe, that is so sweet, and Kaline is adorable. He's got some pretty good qualities there but my hubby also gives...foot rubs. :) Love the pics!

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, this is so special! Aren't the Daddy's of your children the best! I swear, I fall in love more with Oronzo as I watch how tender he is with our son! Sounds like you've got a keeper for a husband. :)

By the way, thanks for your comment on my I’m taking a vacation but my blog is not post. It's a tough sacrifice, I tell you, but I'm going to do this for my husband. :) I'll share pics/videos when we get back.

Blogger boomama said...

So, so sweet - and you will just see more and more of that tenderheartedness once your baby arrives...you will fall in love with your hubby all over again.

Blogger Lori said...

Oh, how neat! Thanks so much for sharing it!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG