.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Precocious
It was a typical lazy weekend morning, but we had a lot of plans and needed to get moving. The previous day, I had sorted through Sera's clothes and had a huge tote plus a laundry basket of clothing to take to Once Upon a Child. I also dug out some clothes that would now fit her. It included two overall jean dresses and one pair of jean overall pants with lots of pink lace and flowers. I was sure it would be a hit. I was wrong. She wanted nothing to do with the pants version, but she was all over the dresses.

She picked the one she wanted, and I dressed her. It's finally warm enough, some days, that I was planning on just putting socks on her. Nothing doing. Ballerina dresses must have leggings or tights. I pulled out a pair of cream tights and tossed them on the bed. I told Sera we'd put them on downstairs when we put her shoes on. The tights don't have the grippy things on the bottom and can get slippery.

I then left her and Jim hanging out on our bed watching TV while I went to shower. Of course I had to make a few trips up and down the hallway getting more soap, a new towel, etc... When I finally returned to our room, I noticed that Sera was wearing her tights. I asked her if she'd talked her daddy into putting them on for her. He looked at me and said didn't you? Apparently, she had also gone into the hallway. She came back in the room with her tights on, so Jim assumed I had put them on her in the hall. The stinker had put on her own tights. She had done it correctly, too.

Don't get between a ballerina and her tights.


3 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

I tell ya what...we have some incredibly determined young ladies on our hands!

Blogger Tammie said...

I love a girl who knows what she wants & goes after it. Great work Sera!

Blogger Kiy said...

Oh my. Yeah, I'd go with determined also. And darned tooting brilliant. But, I am not biased at all. And heck, she's YOUR kid, lol. I love me some Sera, it's no secret.

Cheers, Kiy

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG