.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Phew
For about the last week, I've been hobbling around with a sore leg. It feels like the back of my lower left leg is really tight. The pain gets stronger and weaker, but never goes away. It's kind of like a charlie horse type of pain. Since it didn't get better over the weekend, I called my doctor yesterday morning and went to see him after work.

I felt silly making an appointment because I'm sure I just pulled something, but since it wasn't going away, I thought I should get it checked out.

I didn't expect my doctor to get all excited about it. When he checked my leg and saw that it was swollen too, he wanted me to get an ultrasound right away. It was too late yesterday, so he had them get me in at 6:45 this morning. Because of my medical history, I had a pulmonary embolism in 2003, he wanted to rule out blood clots.

Though I'm sure I just pulled something I convinced myself during the night, when I was supposed to be sleeping, that they were going to find a gazillion clots in my leg, and I'd end up having to stay in the hospital while they put me on blood thinners again. I was imagining having to give myself those stupid shots in my stomach for a week while they regulated the coumadin. By this morning, I was sure it was a foregone conclusion.

I was wrong. I arrived at 6:30 for my appointment to do the paperwork. By 7:00, they were telling me the ultrasound was clear, and I could dress and leave. I was late to work by my standards, but not by the schools. Yay for no clots!

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger Tammie said...

So glad to hear that you're clot free!

Blogger C's Mom said...

Absolutely "YAY" for no clots....scary stuff, mama.

Blogger Kiy said...

Oh scary! Thank goodness.

Kiy

Blogger Kate said...

"Phew" is right! I'm so glad you got the all-clear (but also glad you had it checked out!).

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG