.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Exhauuuusted, but Happy
I'm home.

Aren't those the sweetest words ever? I got home last night about 30 minutes before Jim and Sera came home. Long enough for me to unload the car, and sit on the couch relaxing for a few minutes. Sera was very excited to see me. In her rush to get to me, she bounced off the wall. Our first 5 minutes were a bit tearful and filled with some extra tight hugs. After declaring she wanted to snuggle, she got into her spot on the couch (the arm) and snuggled in tight with her head on my shoulder and my arm around her. She held on to my fingers and didn't let go. She wouldn't even let go when Jim brought her dinner. I had to hold her bowl in the hand she clutched and feed her. She asked me to feed her like a baby. We sat there for about an hour and a half, and then it was time for bed.

This morning I went to wake the sleephead up. I always rub her back and sing the wake up song. Then I pick her and her clothes up and take her to my room where she climbs on my pillow, covers herself up and declares she's going to sleep. She never does, but she always says she's going to go back to sleep. This morning, she started to do that when all of a sudden she looked at me, smiled a big smile, and shouted mommy's home!

My kids did great, and I was kept hopping. They ran a general session each evening from 9:00 pm to 11:00pm with an 11:30 curfew for the kids. I didn't get to bed until 12-12:30 each evening. I still had to get up by 6:00 am to get to the morning events. When we left yesterday, we made a quick stop at Trader Joe's for me. We don't have one here. And then we headed off to grab some lunch. The boys wanted to eat at a really disgusting fast food restaurant, so we dropped them off. I took the girls across the street to Wendy's. When we picked the boys up, we found they had been betting each other on some competition eating of the nasty mini burgers this place is famous for serving. I was worried we might need some plastic bags for the ride home. No worries though. Within five minutes, my van was filled with the sounds of five teenagers passed out from too many late night and too many early mornings. We finished 4th in an individual event and 3rd in a team event. My student who won the individual has now qualified to go to the national competition in Dallas. I have no idea how we're going to pull that one off.

It was a good trip. Jim and Sera had a wonderful time making and eating their pinkalicious cupcakes. My students stayed out of trouble and competed well, but still...

It's good to be home.



Blogger Tammie said...

Welcome home! It sounds like you had a wonderful homecoming.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, isn't it delicious to be home? Jane still asks me to hold her like a baby sometimes and she will hold a cup lid and pretend it is a bottle. This alone can bring tears to my eyes. Isn't being a mommy the BEST!

Blogger Beth said...

Glad you had such a great trip. Congratulations on the accomplishments of your students! Sounds like you were very missed at home. Doesn't it just melt your heart? :)

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape