.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, March 13, 2009
Easiest Dinner Ever
My stop at Trader Joe's the other day was rather rushed as I had five starving teenagers with me. I had our insulated bags with me, but decided not to spend time going through the frozen section on this visit. I did pick up a bag of langostino tails though. They describe them as looking like a small lobster and tasting like lobster or crab. We decided the tails looked like large crawfish tails. Since crawfish look like tiny lobsters, I'm assuming a langostino is inbetween.

They are frozen fully cooked, so dinner was easy peasy (literally). When my pasta water was boiling, I tossed in some angel hair. Angel hair pasta takes five minutes to cook. By the time the pasta was ready, so was the langostino.

I basically scampied them. I melted about 2 tablespoons each of butter and olive oil and sauteed a clove of garlic. I added a splash of white wine and the langostino tails. I tossed them for a few minutes, long enough to warm them up and then I added the pasta and peas. The only thing missing was that I didn't realize we were out of parmesan cheese. Add a tossed salad and some warm crusty bread, and you have a 10 minute delicious meal.

You could easily do this with any cooked seafood like crawfish, lobster, crab, or shrimp.

Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger Jim McClain said...

And they tasted just like crawfish tails. It was a wonderful dinner, and it made our whole house smell great!

Blogger Rose McClain said...

You have no idea how delicious that sounds... :P

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG