.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Working It
We're making progress, and yes, bribery works.

Sera did great with potty training over the weekend. I know it seems like we've been working on it forever. We have.

I started potty training in June when we were home. Sera was doing great, but then we left town for a month and potties weren't always very accessible.

The two weeks in between coming home and starting pre-school, I didn't focus on it too much. The potty was there. Sometimes she went, sometimes she didn't. I honestly thought that pre-school would kick it in for her when she saw the other kids going on the big girl potty.

It didn't.

She went potty once at pre-school, and refused every time afterwards.

Last weekend, we went pull-ups free except for sleeping. All panties, all the time, and Sera did great. We had a few accidents on Saturday, but none on Sunday.

I have a playset of small plastic figurines that we received for Sera before she came home. It has Snow White, Prince Charming, and all seven dwarves. She was too young for it, so I'd put it up in her closet and forgot about it.

Just like her mommy, she loves Snow White. Probably because of her mommy, actually. I have a lot of Snow White stuff.

I pulled it out on Monday morning and showed it to her. I told her that if she went potty at school, she could have any one of the toys she wanted in the box. She pointed to Dopey. She LOVES Dopey.

We headed off to pre-school where we let her teacher know that if Sera went potty, she could have Dopey when we went home.

I stopped at the desk to pay while Jim headed down to her room. When I got there, her teacher told me that she had just gone potty. Jim had taken her when he got there because she had refused again all day. Since they change her every single time, she's been going through 4-5 pull-ups a day at pre-school. I really want her potty-trained!

She and Jim came out of the bathroom, and we all cheered and high-fived. She was so proud. Mrs. Naomi let her pick a sticker, and when we got home, she got Dopey. She was very excited.

Tuesday morning, she chose Bashful.

When I picked her up in the afternoon, she'd gone on the potty four times and tried two more times. Yay!!!!

Today, she chose Happy.

Now, I have two questions.

When should I switch her to panties for school? I guess I'll ask them because they'll be the ones dealing with accidents.

And...will I still be rewarding her for going potty when she goes to college?

Labels:



6 Comments:

Blogger RamblingMother said...

not college, maybe highschool, LOL.

Panties at school sooner rather than later as long as you have extra clothes and as long as the school is good about taking her. Let her pick her big girl panties to wear everyday too. At least that helped Glenys.

Blogger Marcia said...

You'll wish you could get away with making her happy by giving her a plastic toy in college!

Blogger Tammie said...

I promise that when Jim walks Sera down the aisle (many years in the future!), she will not be wearing pullups!

Great job Sera!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Sera!

Blogger Wendy said...

UGGG Larkyn has just turned two and in a few months I will have to start the potty training... I am sooo not looking forward to that

Have a Wonderful Day
Wendy
Canada

Blogger Kiy said...

Okay, so the secret is a set of 7 dwarves? Will add that to my to-do list! :)

Good for Sera and good for Mommy! I am impressed that you thought of something that worked so well, not surprised. We all know how brilliant you are.

Cheers, have a great week, Kiy

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG