.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, August 15, 2008
Talk to Yourself Much?
This week started out with a very unusual email. I received an email through my Facebook account from myself.

My full name is very unusual. I've never had to worry about being in a class or office with anyone who had the same name. I was the only one.

This email was the same first name and my maiden name. She lives in Mexico, and her family is from Hungary.

I was born in Mexico, and my father is from Hungary.

I emailed her back and added her as a friend. We've exchanged emails every day this week and have learned that we are connected. We had to be with that name and background!

My father was adopted by his stepfather. His stepfather had two older sons. There was such a large age gap that he never developed a atrong relationship with his stepbrothers, and they lost touch after his stepfather and mother passed away during his teen years. Margarita was born the November before me to one of my father's step-brothers. It's taken all this time for us to learn of the other.

I've really enjoyed our exchanges. We would have never found each other if not for the Internet and Facebook.

Wow

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger Tammie said...

Wow! Awesome story! I have really come to believe in the red threads that draw us closer to one another.

Blogger Michelle said...

How wild...very cool that you've found each other!

Blogger Marcia said...

that is so amazing! I wish we could find out info on dad's bio. father. I've tried looking stuff up on-line, have really gotten nowhere.

Blogger Kiy said...

Wow, how awesome is that? It's amazing what we are able to do with technology, how far we've come.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG