.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Saturday, August 02, 2008
I Have Photographic Proof
"What big adventure," you ask? On Tuesday, when we went to Traverse City we stopped by Wilderness Canoe Trips to get some information. Jim and our friend, Eric, had rented a canoe when they camped in Mesick a few years ago. They also rent tubes, rafts, and kayaks. We picked up a brochure and asked a few questions. Jim wanted to get this information so we could be prepared to do something next year.

On Wednesday, as we sat around the campfire with Eric next year became tomorrow. I was concerned about Sera handling the ride, and I was concerned about getting myself in and out of whatever we were doing. We decided to go with the raft, and we decided to go on the shortest route, the two hour trip.

Here's the Manistee River as we started out. I really was surprised that we just got in the raft and headed off on our own. We were going downstream though. All we had to do was let the current take us.

Jim in his element. He's loving this.
Sera is a bit more cautious. She did end up enjoying the trip. It took us about 2 1/2 hours. She would have been happier if it had ended about 45 minutes earlier. She also hated her life vest, especially during the end when she wanted to rest her head on my shoulder. The vest wouldn't let her get that close.
The guys got a real work out when we ended up on the wrong side of this fallen tree. They had to do some heavy duty paddling to get us out.
This rafting thing is even better when daddy packs string cheese, grapes, and apple juice.
And the final proof that I was there, too. Yes, I went rafting down a river, minus the white water.


Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Jacquie said...

I am loving your vacation posts. You are so gonna have to give me the scoop on Traverse City. Never been there and we were thinking we might go next year during the Cherry (Blossom?) Festival.

Blogger Jim McClain said...

The Cherry Festival is awesome! I was a Cherry Prince for my school when I was in 1st grade and got to ride a float. I also got to march in the parade as part of the 1982 State Champion baseball team in my hometown.

Try www.traversemagazine.com for some great descriptions of activities going on right now!

Blogger Kiy said...

Okay, I am SO impressed. You couldn't have paid me to get into that raft and there you go, floating on down the river. Whoa woman. Seriously, whoa! :)

Glad you guys had a good time and sounds like you managed to stay dry and out of the river (always good pluses!).

Cheers, Kiy

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG