.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Unintended
I apparently decided to take a blogging break and forgot to inform myself. We're in the midst of holiday franticness, as I'm sure are you. We're wrapping up our last week of school. We get out on Friday, and we're leaving Friday evening to go here.

I am so excited about going there. We moved there when I was in the 3rd grade and left when I was in the 8th grade. It's the home of my childhood, and I loved living there. We went for a visit when I was 16. I went on a camping trip there in college. I've also driven through the town numerous times and stopped at the Country Store for a visit or a meal. I've not been back like this before though. We'll be there for several days. I'll get to visit all of my old haunts, if they still exist. And I'll travel down memory lane a bit. Christmas was always so beautiful there, even without any snow. I can't wait.

We're having a huge family Christmas with my dad and step-mother, my three sisters, their husbands, and all eight grandchildren. We do this every other year. We have three new family members this year: Josie, Ava, and, of course, Sera.

We have a good friend who is moving in to our house for the week to take care of Shadow. We'll have the laptop with us, but I don't expect to have time to blog.

I promise lots of pictures when we return.

In the meantime, we wish all of you and yours the happiest of holiday seasons.

Labels: ,



7 Comments:

Blogger Tammie said...

It sounds like you're going to have a perfectly lovely first Christmas with Sera! As for blogging, forget it. You need to spend that time celebrating with your family. I can't wait to read all about your trip when you get home.

Merry Christmas! Safe travels!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim, Magi, and Sera
Have a great Christmas in Georgia. Call us when you get back...We have gifts!
Stay Safe...
Doug, Laura, DJ, Sean, Kyra

Blogger Wendi said...

Have a great time! What a Christmas this will be for us! Merry Christmas!

Blogger Kristi said...

Have a magical Christmas! All the best in 2008.

Blogger Kiy said...

Have a wonderful time. I have always wanted to go to Callaway Gardens and it's still on my to-do list for ... someday.

Have a wonderful FIRST Christmas together.

Kiy

Blogger Dawn said...

Hope you have a wonderful time! It's been awhile since I've checked in, but it's wonderful to know that everything is going GREAT with you and your family!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

take care!!
Dawn

Blogger Erin said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! The trip sounds lovely. Can't wait to read about it when you get back.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG