.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Bubble Baths
After reading the comments on my last post, I started to wonder if I'd imagined the whole thing. I turned to my good friend, Google. When I didn't see anything on the first page, I really started to think I'd made it up.

Here's the article I finally found. The gist of it is that the soap causes irritation in the urethra, which causes the child to hold their urine, which causes a urinary tract infection. This occurs primarily with girls because of the shorter urethra.

I buy the California Baby bubble bath, shampoo, and conditioner at Target. They're non-toxic and have a wonderful smell. I read a review in Adoptive Families magazine about the conditioner being good for dry Asian hair, and all their products for sensitive skin. I had it waiting for us when we got home and have been using them every since. I love the way they smell. They're a bit pricey, but the shampoo and conditioner go a long way. The bubble bath goes faster, but it's more fun.

The bottom line is that I don't know if it's a myth or fact about girls and bubble baths, but I don't have to worry about it with this product.

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger Kiy said...

I will definitely look for this stuff. Although we have yet to progress to bathing in the tub so the bubble bath can wait for a bit. But Mizz Cowlick can use all the help she can get in the hair department. Maybe this is just what we were looking for!

Thanks Magi.

Blogger Wendi said...

I will be giving this stuff a try. Megan's hair has been really dry, especially since the winter season started.

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh no girl...you were TOTALLY not imagining it! Big policy at our house! ;)

Blogger Tammie said...

I have a friend whose daughter suffers from that problem when she takes bubble baths. They've been banned in her home for many years. Erin does take the occasional bubble bath but only once in a while.

I'm going to head over to Target & check out that line. As long as they don't bother my allergies, we can give them a try.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG