.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Something to Share
Sometimes you read something and you just want to share it.  Be sure to read the comments, too.  Well, maybe not all of them, but they're enjoyable, too.

Nil by mouth


By Roger Ebert on January 6, 2010 11:38 PM


I mentioned that I can no longer eat or drink. A reader wrote: "That sounds so sad. Do you miss it?" Not so much really. Not anymore. Understand that I was never told that after surgery I might lose the ability to eat, drink and speak. Eating and drinking were not mentioned, and it was said that after surgery I might actually be able to go back to work on television.

Success in such surgery is not unheard of. It didn't happen that way. The second surgery was also intended to restore my speaking ability. It seemed to hold together for awhile, but then, in surgeon-speak, also "fell apart."  continue reading

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Unspoken said...

Wow, I had not heard this story. Sad to me, the loss of community by dining!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG