.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Like Yesterday


About two years ago, I remember reading someone's 1000 day post and thinking it was a good idea.  I counted the days and scheduled it in my Outlook calendar.  Then I forgot all about it.

Sunday night I received a reminder.  For just a minute I stared blankly at the reminder and then it clicked.  Yesterday was 1000 days since the day Sera was placed in our arms, and the day we officially adopted her. Our situation was unusual in that our adoption took place as soon as we received her.  Our group didn't have the customary 24 hours in between.  It didn't matter. Sera was our child from the moment she was placed in our arms.

It's hard to believe it's been 1000 days when it seems like just yesterday in so many ways.  If I had to describe the difference in life before Sera and life with Sera, I'd compare it to The Wizard of Oz.  Life was perfectly fine as we knew it, but then she came into our life.  Suddenly the world was filled with colors I never noticed and a vibrancy that had never existed for me.  We've run into a few flying monkeys and a poppy field or two, but the journey is the most exciting one I've taken.

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Kiy said...

I feel exactly the same way about our life. Of course, we are still stuck *firmly* in the toddler twos, so it's more flying monkeys lately. But I hear it gets better ... once they head off to college! ;)

Seriously though, just wanted to stop by and wish all of you a Happy New Year.

Thinking of you,
Kiy

Blogger Tammie said...

Well said Magi!

Blogger Unspoken said...

Isn't it amazing how a heart can just fall in love with a tiny person- just like that?! But you know, I KNOW, it does!

Happy One Thousand Days of Sera in your arms!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG