.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Early Mornings
"Mommy! I need to go potty!"

Look at alarm clock - 4:00 AM.

"Go ahead."

Sounds of bathroom activity.

"Mommy! Can you help me wash my hands?"

Why, oh, why didn't I wait to teach her about handwashing until she was tall enough to reach the faucet from her stepstool.

"Okay."

Handwashing takes place.  Stumble back to bed where Sera waits patiently for me to settle in before climbing up and over me to lie inbetween Jim and me.

While this takes place have the dog bark wildly and loudly because he's jealous.  He's not allowed on the bed.

Drift just to the edge of sleep.

"Mommy, my belly hurts.  It's hungwy."

"It's too early for breakfast.  Sleep a little more first."

Drift just to the edge of sleep.

"But, mommy, I need pillow!"

Hear sounds of shifting and snugglilng.  Daddy must have dealt with this.

Drift back to sleep.

ALARM

Snooze

ALARM

Snooze

ALARM

Okay, okay.  Get up, and head to shower.

"Mommy!  Whatcha doin'?"

"Going to take a shower."

"Mommy, are you going downstairs?"

"No"

"Mommy, I hungwy."

"After we're dressed, you can have breakfast."

And how did your day begin?

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger Jim McClain said...

Pretty much the same way for me.

Blogger Wendi said...

Close to the same. No potty involved, but a little one climbed in bed with me at about 6 this morning. Then I hear lets get up, lets eat, when are we getting up.

Blogger Pug Mama said...

ahhhhhhh. You handled that much better than I would have! ;0)

Blogger Unspoken said...

Magi,

What's goin' on over here? i ahve missed posts! You are posting like crazy this year :).

My mornings go very much the same and I always hope for just a little more sleep. Too funny. Jane says, "My tummy says he's hungry!"

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG