.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Another Morning Conversation
Sera: Mommy, know what I want?

Me: What, sweetie?

Sera: I want to go on a plane and go to China.

Me: Me, too. I loved visiting China.

Sera: and go where there are lots of babies. I want one, a real one. I only have mommy and daddy and Theresa and Shadow. I want a brudder or sister like Ava or the other Lily. You know, the one with Jack. I want one. Pleeeaaaassse. And you know Ava with Ben and Peter. Can I get one, pleeeeaaass?

Now how do you answer that? I acknowledged what she said and then suggested breakfast.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry



2 Comments:

Blogger a Tonggu Momma said...

It depends on whether or not you feel your family is complete. If it IS complete, then you could consider telling her, "that's a decision that mommies and daddies make and your mommy and daddy have decided our family is complete."

Blogger Tammie said...

When Erin was Sera's age, she told us she wanted a sister. It was so hard on her when we told her that our family was complete just the way it was.

Of course, I had always wanted 6 children while David had been adamant about his own 1 child policy even back in college. Over time, Erin has come to accept this fact & loves her relationship with her godsister.

If you guys are complete, there's nothing wrong with telling Sera that. She will come to accept that she is your one & only & love it also.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG