.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Thursday, March 26, 2009
This story just scared the pants off of me.

Connie and Donald McCracken were watching CNN one evening last week when they learned of the tragic death of actress Natasha Richardson from a head injury. Immediately, their minds turned to their 7-year-old daughter, Morgan, who was upstairs getting ready for bed.

Two days earlier, Morgan, her father, and brother had been playing baseball in the yard of their Mentor, Ohio, home when her father hit a line drive that landed just above Morgan's left temple. A lump formed, but the McCrackens iced it down and the swelling subsided within an hour.
"For the next two days, she was perfectly fine," Donald McCracken says. "She had no symptoms. She went to school both days and got an A on her spelling test as usual. There were no issues whatsoever."

But after hearing about Richardson's death, the McCrackens wondered if Morgan was really as OK as she seemed. After all, Richardson had been talking and lucid immediately after her fatal injury.

Click for the rest of the story.



Blogger PIPO said...

Yikes! That story was seen at the right moment for sure.

Gave me goose bumps.

Blogger Wendi said...

Scary indeed! Thank God it turned out well.

Blogger Tammie said...

Thank G-d Morgan's parents saw the story on Natasha Richardson!

Blogger Kiy said...

Playing catchup on the blogs tonight. Wow, thanks for sharing that article. Amazing. At least something good came out of another family's tragedy. I hope that NR's family sees that article at some point. It might help. A little.


Blogger Wendy said...

It makes me realize that it's a miracle I"M still alive after the brain swelling/surgery I had.

Thank you for sharing the article. It had some excellent links for TBI information too!

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape