.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Buh Bye, Baby!

It's time to say good-bye to my baby. She's a big girl now. There have been clues along the way, but I was choosing to ignore them. Her favorite phrases right now are "I do it," "I found it," and "I got it." Notice a trend there? Then the other day she walked all the way up the stairs on her feet. She didn't get down and crawl for one single step. She's regularly making it to the potty for number two. The only time she hasn't made it has been due to sleeping or illness.

But the biggest clue came tonight. I was doing her laundry when I hear something clanking when I'm transferring her clothes to the dryer. Usually when I hear that noise, it's because Jim had change in his pockets. I looked in the drum to find the source. It was rocks.

I've mentioned how Sera loves the outside. I don't think I've mentioned her new obsession with rocks and twigs. She's collecting them. Most people use that little pouch on their chair to hold a drink. Not Sera, oh no, not Sera. To her, it's ideal spot to hold her treasures.

I had noticed the other day that she had discovered her pockets and was putting her hands in them. She had never put anything else in them before. I guess I'd better start checking them.

Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Oh, my, yes, the rocks.

We have Treasure Boxes outside - simple plastic bins from Walmart with a hole drilled in the bottom so water won't pool - which is the specific place for treasures. It provides a firm rule: No Treasures in the House. And also limits the amount of treasures, because once it's full, they have to sort out and make space.

This doesn't completely save us, but at least it gives a place to start.

Blogger Tammie said...

Erin has actually been carrying purses on & off since she was about 2 1/2. I can't tell you how many treasures I'd find in those purses.

Congratulations Sera! You are definitely growing up!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG