.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Monday, June 02, 2008
Things Not Considered

I must say it is interesting becoming a first time mom in my 40s. There are definite advantages and disadvantages. Most of which are pretty obvious, so I won't go there.

But here's something I never considered. Last night, Sera was having a hard time sleeping. Her fever hadn't come back since Saturday night, but she was definitely not 100% yesterday. Around midnight, I went to her and took her to the guest room to sleep with me. She and I do okay in the guest room bed. When she's in bed with both Jim and I, it becomes play time.

Last night wasn't play time because she was upset. She wanted to cuddle. It was a little muggy and I was wishing the guest room had a ceiling fan. I'm a ceiling fan addict when I sleep. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the door because it was substantially cooler than my bedroom.

I was sitting on the edge of the bed cuddling Sera and getting ready to lie down with her when I had a full-blown hot flash. I've only had two or three so it's never my first thought. I just assumed I was hot. I put her down and opened the window. I then lay down with her. She climbed practically on top of me to cuddle. As I lay there dripping in sweat and with a racing heart, I was thinking how am I going to do this. How can I sleep when it's so hot. At about that time, I noticed that my legs weren't hot nor were my arms. In fact, those parts of my body were slightly chilled. I'm slow, but I finally realized it was a hot flash. Just about that time, it started to go away.

Those are the things you never consider. The last thing I want when I'm that hot is to have any one, human or canine, touching me. That wasn't even a consideration when Sera needed me, but boy was I happy it was short-lived.

Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger Tammie said...

Too funny! I used to get hot flashes at the oddest times. I'd be at work or out shopping when all of a sudden my entire body would get drenched & my face would get totally red. I'd have to sit down wherever I was & down an entire bottle of water to cool down. I feel for you girl.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl friend, I am SO right there with you!Jane likes to sleep on me. hooooooottttttt!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG