.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, May 23, 2008
The Silver Lining


To every tragedy lies a silver lining. This one is a major shift in the attitude of the Chinese towards adoption. There has long been a societal disapproval of adoption. The earthquake seems to have caused a monumental shift in thinking. Though it will take months to get organized and make sure there are no relatives available, the people of China are already signing up to adopt the Earthquake orphans.

I don't want to sound like a case of "I have my child. Who cares about you?," but I can't help but be pleased to see that the stigma is leaving. International adoption was just a tiny drop in the bucket of children available for adoption. Wouldn't it be wonderful to see them all find a home?

Favorite Ingredient Friday - sorry, got so busy this week, that I didn't get a chance to pick a recipe. I'll be back next time!

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Kiy said...

Magi, I totally agree. As much as I love and adore Miss Emi, and just cannot imagine my life without her in it, the best thing possible is for the children to stay in their country. IA should be the second avenue to finding homes, and I too see a shift in the thinking and hopefully the culture.

Oh, and I've done one Fav Ingredient Friday. I forget each week until I see your post and then no time. I am lucky to do menu planning! :)

/hugs, Kiy

P.S. Kisses for Sweet Sera. Emi loves looking at Sera pictures!

Blogger Michelle said...

What an incredible story! That is really heart warming to see.

Blogger Tammie said...

I can only agree with you.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG