.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Potpourri
Don't really have a theme today, more a hodgepodge of things to say.

We went on our first playdate yesterday. We have a local Yahoo group of families that have adopted from China. I've been going to the mom's night out dinners for a few months. Every Tuesday morning, they have a playdate for the kids. When the weather gets, and stays, warmer, it will be at a local park. For now, it's McDonalds.

Sera had a wonderful time. She didn't really play with the other kids. Most of them are older and were climbing around in whatever that thing is called. She had fun doing her crawl from one end to another. We stayed two hours, and that was too long. It was only a 10 minute ride home, but she slept those 10 minutes and then wouldn't go back down for her afternoon nap. It was all I could do to keep her awake then until bedtime. I gave up and fed her dinner at 5pm. By 5:30, she was out. This wasn't respecting the schedule, and it came back to haunt me. She woke up at 7:30 and again around 8:30. Then she woke up at 2am. She wouldn't go back to sleep, she was too playful. She wouldn't play, she was too sleepy. See the problem? I took her into the guest bedroom, but she flopped around so much I was afraid I'd fall asleep and she'd fall off the bed. We went back to her room and I sat in the rocker. She slept fine across my lap. I lightly dozed because I kept thinking she'd roll off my lap. At 6am, I heard Jim start his shower. Sera and I then crawled into our bed and slept until 7:15.

Today, we followed the schedule. This required some conniving on my part. My friends and fellow teachers, Patti & Donna, hosted a baby shower/welcome home party for Sera and me this afternoon after school. To make sure Sera was up for it, I put her in the car around 1:45 and drove around so she'd sleep. I learned my way around different parts of the area, and she slept until 3:15. I then pulled into a parking lot and fed her. By the time we got to Patti's she was well rested, recently fed, and ready for a party. It was a lovely party. Sera had a wonderful time and got lots of attention. She also got a lot of very nice gifts. She has plenty of clothes to get her through the summer, plus we're now set in the bath towel area as well. The car will appreciate the seat protector for underneath the carseat, and Sera got some fun new toys as well. One of the most special gifts came from Terri. She's an avid quilter and knows that I never did anything with all those quilt squares I collected. She is going to piece together the quilt for Sera. I am so grateful and thrilled. Formal thanks will be going out, but I just wanted to thank all of the ladies who treated us today.

I had the camera with me, but didn't take any pictures. Patti was snapping away, so I'm hoping to get some copies from her.

One tip I keep forgetting to mention for those who are travelling to China is Bloglines! Many blogs, especially Blogger blogs, are blocked in Beijing and elsewhere. We could only get them half the time in Beijing and Chongqing. I was able to keep reading them though because the Blogline feeds still came through. If you want to read blogs while you are in China, make sure you sign up for Bloglines and subscribe to the blogs you follow.

Months ago, I linked to a post by Antique Mommy because it was one of the funniest things I'd read. She's done it again.

Labels:



7 Comments:

Blogger TAYLORSNW said...

if blogger is blocked how are you able to do your postings on your blog?

Blogger EJ said...

I am so happy that your friends threw you such a nice party! What a treasure your quilt will be! Sera is just so adorable!
Ellen

Blogger Marcia said...

That antique mommy is hilarious!

Blogger Jim McClain said...

You mean I could have taken the camera to the Tigers game after all???

An upset husband

Blogger Barb said...

That's interesting, the way blogs are blocked in China. I wonder why.

I've been reading everything you post since you got home - it's so nice the way you've all settled in and just become such a sweet little family. That baby girl is completely precious!

Blogger Colleen said...

I need to check into doing the bloglines thing. I've been meaning to do it...just lazy.

OMG that story from antique mommy was one of the funniest things I have ever read. Just freakin hilarious. I could totally visualize it too!

Blogger Pug Mama said...

check out my blog dear, you have a statue....

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG