.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Thursday, March 29, 2007
Tips Along the Way
Well, after a good night's sleep, I did think of a few things to share.

I can't speak for all hotels, but the one we're staying in as these nifty outlets. You don't need an adaptor as they can take any kind of plug configuration. You would still need a converter if you're going to plug in anything that needs one. We only have our laptop and video camera and both can take the higher current.

Brushing your teeth. First of all, the wash cloth over the faucet is a great idea. It just makes you hesitate long enough to keep you from accidentally brushing your teeth with tap water. Now I've read for years about using the bottled water, but no one ever said how. The first time I tried to rinse my brush, I poured half the bottle and it still wasn't clean. Then it dawned on me. Pour a little water in the glass and swirl your brush around in it. Presto! Clean brush, and you don't use up all your water.

I survived my first squatty potty. It was at the airport in Beijing. The airport in Shanghai had the doors labelled, but the Beijing one didn't. There was a handicap stall, and I'm sure it had a western toilet, but the person in line in front of me went in there. It wasn't as bad as I feared, but I will wait for the western style whenever possible.

Oh, and dinner last night. All that food I mentioned came to about $25.00 per couple. It was a restaurant and a meal that would have easily cost $70.00 in the U.S. It was interesting to see that beer is cheaper than water. The beers were only .80. Drink up!




Since I know it's the pictures that really draw everyone. Here's one more from yesterday. We had just arrived at the Temple of Heaven. That's the back of my head in the lower right.

Labels: ,



6 Comments:

Blogger mom said...

Just catching up on your trip. How, I long to be there again. Sound like everything is going perfect.

Blogger Polar Bear said...

Glad to hear the squatty wasn't so bad!

Blogger C's Mom said...

Squatty...still not quite ready for that.

Nor am I ready for food with a head ;0)

Good thing since I'm not going anywhere soon.

Glad you are enjoying your adventures :0)

Blogger Tammie said...

You are so much braver than I am! I used the bathroom at the old Guangzhou Baiyun Airport. Even using the western style potty was an experience I hope to never repeat.

Sounds like you're having a wonderful trip so far!

Blogger Dawn said...

Congrats on surviving the infamous "squatty potty experience"! :)

Wow, that fried shrimp in the photo you in your last post looks delicious too!!!!

~Dawn

Magi,

Go get your girl! I can't wait to hear all about her :)!

Amy

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG