.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Eleven Months


Wow! It's so hard to believe that it's been eleven months, and they're not even finished matching JULY yet. What's ironic was that I really hoped our paperwork would be finished by July. I knew it was a pipedream last year to hope that, but I did. If it had, we'd be next. But it didn't, and we're not.

Rumors are all over the place this month, as usual. Referrals usually come out around the 25th-27th of the month. Rumors have had everything from this batch finishing July (23-31) to going well into August (18). I'd prefer to see the latter of course. The first half of August is supposed to be pretty light. Hopefully, this means they'll get through it quickly. September seems to be fairly light as well because the CCAA didn't get too many dossiers logged in that month. October is a monster month. I hear November is as well. November won't impact us though. Luckily, we're in the first half of the month. If they divide October up like they have the other months, we should be in the first or second batch for October. I'm still hoping for a referral by Christmas, but I'm being told that is very optimistic of me.

In the meantime, I'm watching to try and determine if we'll need to re-do our immigration paperwork. This is approval from our government (CIS, used to be INS) to adopt an orphan from another country and bring her/him home. The approval lasts 18 months, but takes several months to put together. It involves getting a homestudy update as well as updating police, medical, and financial clearances. If we get a referral in December, we should be okay. If it goes past that we have to renew. The problem is we probably should start the process in October, at the latest. If we only knew what to do!!!!!

That's the latest in adoption world. As always, we'll keep everyone posted as soon as we hear anything that impacts our situation. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy a cybershower this month with my travel group. See you next month with the 12-month update....same bat time, same bat channel.


2 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

"sigh"... We will be 11 months on the 28th. I love that Aug/Sept are lighter months but it freaks me out that Oct. is so big. I wonder just how many months it will take them to get thru it?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know the whole backstory, but I pray that you will have a sweet baby to hold very soon!

I'm sorry the process is taking such a long time.

My prayers are with you and your family.

And thanks for stopping by today. It was nice to have you! (at my site, that is.)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG