.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, September 15, 2006
Five Ingredients Friday


Souper Pot Roast

2-3 lb chuck roast
1 can cream soup (your choice)
1 envelope dried onion soup (Lipton’s)

Mix soups together in crock pot. Brown roast in hot skillet and add to crock pot. Turn once to coat. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 4-5 hours.

The original recipe called for the roast to be cut into chunks. I added it whole and didn’t have time to brown it. I also used cream of mushroom soup. I served it with mashed potatoes, and it was delicious. Rice or noodles would be good also. I sliced the leftovers and froze them with gravy. We ate them another night as open-faced sandwiches, and it was even better.

Visit Overwhelmed with Joy! for more great recipes.


13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so wish i had a crock pot. I love roast!!

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

A crock pot wonder and so simple! Yeah!

Blogger BlondeBrony said...

I really should use my crock pot more often. Perhaps I'll start with this.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pot Roast is one of my husband's favorites, I can't wait to try this recipe out! Sounds yummy!!

Blogger Rae said...

My mom makes a pot roast every few weeks in her crock pot, I have to give her this recipe so she can try something new, she's always stumped for ideas. Thanks for sharing! =)

Blogger Barb said...

I'd use my crockpot every day if I had enough good recipes. Just added this one to my collection so thank you. I'll use cream of mushroom soup too. And sandwiches the next day is just an added bonus.

Blogger Susie said...

Oh, my goodness. This is how my mom makes pot roast too. I think I will have to make it to remind me of her cooking. By the way, I love your blog design.

Blogger Pug Mama said...

OMG, that sounds so good.
I love using the crock pot.

Blogger Pamela said...

You'd have all the guys in our family wrapped around your little finger with this one...lol This recipe sounds nice and easy too, thanks! :)

Thanks for delurking. :>) Hope you'll visit again soon!

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

I've actually made this before in our crockpot, and you're right, it turns out tasting delicious!! Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to make it again soon.

Kathleen- go get yourself a crock pot! They're not that expensive any longer and you'd LOVE using one! :)

Thanks for participating again in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it. :)

Blogger Barb said...

Hi there,

I'm finally catching up with my comments. I thought I'd stop back by and tell you the reason I started using my mother-in-law's recipe for sloppy joes is that they're not nearly as acidic and tomatoey as most recipes are store bought stuff. They never give us heartburn and believe me, if they did, I'd never make them. I know the chicken gumbo soup sounds a little different but they're really good. Bet your hubby would like them.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yum. I sure wish I had me a crock pot.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG