.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Monday, October 19, 2009
Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater

Remember those pie pumpkins I mentioned? Well, I decided to make and freeze my own pumpkin puree. I used Ree's (Pioneer Woman) tips on how to do this. It wasn't difficult at all, except that my food processor wasn't quite up to the task. I switched to the blender, but even so I kept having to add some water to get it to puree. I didn't think it was too watery when I bagged it up, but hours later I had second thoughts. It's too late though because they're frozen now. I probably should have let them drain in some cheesecloth before packaging.

I decided to use my scale and portion out 15 oz per bag. Most recipes seem to call for one can or 15 oz, so this seemed to make the most sense to me. By the way, two small pumpkins produced 6 15-oz bags of puree.



And a heal quickly shout out to my nephew, Peter, who decided to try sledding down the stairs and broke his arm in two places. Next time you want to sled, Pete, come visit us. It's much better in the snow!

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG