.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Sick, Again
Poor Sera. She just can't shake this cold. She's been sick pretty much since Labor Day weekend. She acts just fine, but she's the slight cough and congestion have never gone away. She had a fever one day last week when I stayed home with her. This morning she was burning up when I got her up. By the time I carried her to my bed to take her temp, her nose started gushing blood. I had her humidifier on last night, but it must not have been enough.

Jim had a prescient moment yesterday (maybe influenced by the fact that he isn't feeling well either) and had already made sub plans, just in case. He stayed home,and I went to work. When I called during my prep hour, she was fine. About an hour before my lunch break, I got a text from Jim saying her fever was back up to 102. I called home during my lunch break, and she was just chattering away. You'd never know she was sick.

Jim called her doctor and made an appointment. When I got home from work, I bundled her into the car and off we went. She was very excited about going with mommy to the doctor. We get into the exam room, and she starts demanding her clothes be removed. You would never have known to observe her that she's sick.

The doctor said that it does look like her original virus has a secondary bacterial infection component. Amoxycillin, here we come!

I'll be home with her tomorrow. I hope I can keep up with her.

Labels:



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Sera has been sick! I hope she is better soon.

Lindsey got 3 shots yesterday and today she has a fever and just climbed into her bed (at 6 p.m.!)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG