.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Fire!
Last night we did something we haven't done in a long time. We went out to dinner after 5 pm. One of Jim's old co-workers was back in town. She took a new teaching job this year in Tennessee, and they have the week off for Fall Recess. I say old, but that's a misnomer. Nothing like feeling your own age than going out to dinner with six 20-somethings.

I was excited about going out not just because we'd get to spend some time with some really nice people, but because of where we were going. Just a few days before I had suggested to Jim that we go to the Japanese steakhouse. I was sure Sera would love it. We usually go with friends to celebrate a birthday or other special occasion as this restaurant is definitely a splurge, but hadn't been in a long time.

Sera was fascinated from the first flame. "Mommy, he cook'n on table!" She loved the soup, the veggies, the rice, the shrimp, steak, and chicken. We didn't order for her because she's 2 and can easily share with me. They still brought her her own soup, and our chef gave her some rice and chicken. Jim and I shared our shrimp and steak with her. Our chef notice right away, obviously, that Sera is Asian and asked where we adopted her from. He then laughed and said he was assuming she was adopted. I joked back with a what, she doesn't look like me? When I told him she was from China, he told me that he was adopted from Korea at 14. He also mentioned how lucky he was to be adopted at his age. I was dying to ask more questions, but I didn't want to be rude. He was very funny and a good chef.

I'm now on a mission, though. I have to find some of those cute kid chopsticks. I think I remember seeing some at One Step Ahead. They used cardboard and a rubber band to make a pair for Sera last night, and she loved them. She did such a good job and really enjoyed using them.d

Labels:



7 Comments:

Blogger Rose McClain said...

I think I know where you went! ;)

It's cool that you could relate with the chef like that. He really is lucky.

Blogger Jessica said...

Sur La Tab sp? They have REALLY cute ones. I just picked up a pair for Josie.

Blogger a Tonggu Momma said...

We love Combi chopsticks. They used to sell them at The Right Start. They might still, but you can also find them on-line.

Blogger C's Mom said...

Sounds like fun...tasty fun at that!

Hey, I think I need the kid chopsticks :0)

Blogger Tammie said...

I don't remember if this is the site I went to for Erin, but these are what she uses.

http://www.worldwidefred.com/chopstickkids.htm

Blogger Two Pearls said...

Here's a link to kids chopsticks. Sophie has the ones with the pink little girl at the top. Santa put them in her stocking last year, and she likes trying them with lo mein, etc.

Blogger Two Pearls said...

Oops - would help if I put in the link!

http://www.nextag.com/kids-chopsticks/search-html

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG