.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, October 24, 2008
P.S.
Guess what I did today?

I voted! We still had to stand in line, but it's nothing compared to the craziness that's going to happen on the 4th.

Our polling place is on a road that is under construction. We always get there at 6:30 am, and there is always a line of people. We usually get in and out pretty quickly because our district has the shorter line of the two at the polling place. It's a small church whose parking lot fills very quickly and people start parking on the very busy, very dark two lane road...the one that is currently under construction. The lines are even worse in the afternoon. In my opinion, all of this will pale in comparison to this year. I think the voter turnout around here will be huge.

I base this opinion on my students. I've never seen so many students paying attention. My seniors are making their plans to vote. The rest are talking to their parents about voting. The town where I teach recently made a national newspaper who declared it the hardest hit town in the current economy. New numbers just came out in our state that this county has the highest unemployment percentage and had the highest increase for the month of September. Families are hurting, and they want change.

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger a Tonggu Momma said...

I am jealous because I will have to stand in line... probably for hours.

Blogger Michelle said...

I am kicking myself for not getting an absentee ballot!! Our polling place is always soooo dead--even in 2004 we were in and out in minutes. But this year? I'm going to the bathroom before I get in line!

Blogger Tammie said...

The lines for early voting here are incredible. People are waiting for hours! David & I agreed that we're just going to vote on Election Day. No matter what.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG