.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Housekeeping Time
Every now and then I find myself with a hodgepodge of things to post. This is one of those times.

First, you must go here and read this post. It's awesome!

Want to bring a smile to a child who can use a little fun? Get details below:



It's that time of year again! Overwhelmed with Joy is hosting her annual holiday cooking extravaganza. Click on my sidebar for the link to past recipes, and click below to get details for this year.


And, finally, I've been tagged!


Tammie got me.

Do I even have any secrets left to share? I think my 100th post pretty much put it all out there, or all that I was willing to share online. Hmmm......

1) I saw my husband's face and my child's face online before I ever saw them in person.
2) I got my first paying job at 10. I would stop at a small shop on my way home from school and sweep for $1.00. After a while, the owner showed me how to ring up the occasional customer. I felt very grownup.
3) While I was thinking about #3, a ladybug landed on my desk. I'm at school before students arrive. I've taught here for seven years and have NEVER seen a ladybug inside the building, much less on the second floor in an interior room.
4) I have entered the Pillsbury Bake-off twice. I didn't make it past the first step. I want to try again.
5) I graduated from high school in 1979. My 30th reunion is coming up next year. I look at my classmates names at classmates dot com, and I don't remember most of them...at all. I do treasure my 33 year friendship with Lori, the only high school friend with whom I am still in contact.
6) I have left only one job involuntarily. My position was eliminated. I went into a depression that lasted eight months. It was the hardest time in my life, and the best thing that ever happened to me. There was some controversy behind the decision as two jobs were combined and the other person retained. I had a proven success record taking revenues from just under $200,000 to over $1,000,000. She had an affair with the owner. My department fell apart, and the revenue bottomed out again. I was happy to hear that news. Yes, I am that shallow.
7) I barely passed typing in high school. I teach typing (now called keying) in high school. Luckily, I got better. My fastest typing speed I've ever recorded in front of my students was 112 words a minute.

Phew! That was tough. Now I'm supposed to tag seven more. Is there anyone who hasn't been tagged yet?

1. Overwhelmed with Joy
2. Kiy
3. P*ug M*ama
4. Marcia
5. Theresa
6. Jim
7. Wendi

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Pug Mama said...

gotta work on this....

Blogger Marcia said...

if you can believe it, I actually started thinking about this today. I'm so bad at this kind of thing. I'll try.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG