.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Monday, May 05, 2008
Smile For Daddy
Last week the new stroller that Jim ordered arrived. Sera was just as excited as he was when he came in with the big box. But then what kid doesn't love a big box? She was very upset when it wasn't put together in time to go for a walk on Wednesday. Daddy promised her they'd go Thursday after school.

On Thursday, Sera and I came home from school. I let her play outside in the driveway in her Lil Tykes car for a bit because it was such a pretty afternoon. Then we came inside to play until daddy came home. About 15 minutes before he got home, she suddenly remembered the new stroller that was sitting in the middle of the living room. She climbed in, put her arms through the straps, and settled in to wait.

I told her to sit still because I was going to get my camera and take her picture for daddy. She gave me a thumb-filled uh-huh. Can you see those filthy knees? She played hard outside at daycare, too.
She looked so serious in the first picture. I knew we had to try again. I then asked Sera to smile for daddy. I love how you can see her smile in her eyes, but this still wasn't right.
This time, I asked Sera to take her thumb out of her mouth and smile for daddy. I got the smile, but that thumb stayed close by. After a little more resting, she climbed out. Within minutes, daddy came home. I was glad I had taken these photos to prove how eagerly she'd been waiting for him.

They headed to the gas station to put air in the tires and took off around the neighborhood. I think they're both going to really enjoy this.

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

Gonna be some good times with that new ride!

Sera is growing so quickly. It amazes me.

Blogger Tammie said...

Erin loved her new big girl stroller too! She was such a proud little thing,


Sera looks just as happy as can be. I have a feeling that she & Jim are going to have some mighty nice walks.

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

What a beautiful new jogging stroller. I'm sure you'll get lots of good use out of it.

Sera is so darned cute! I wish I could hug her. :)

Thanks for sharing pictures!

Blogger Marcia said...

She looks so big in her stroller...and cute!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG