.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Three Word Sunday
Yesterday day morning, bright and early, we headed up to Jim's hometown. It's about 4 1/2 hours to our north. We attended a memorial for one of his high school teachers. They erected a flagpole and small monument at the track field. His high school was hosting an invitational for several schools in the region. We got there about an hour before the ceremony and left immediately afterwards. We met up with a few of his old classmates for lunch before heading home.

We would have stayed longer at the meet, but we went from about 80 here on Friday to 40 degrees with winds around 30-40 mph. I felt so bad for those kids having to run, jump, etc... in that wind. For the first time ever, Sera willingly let me put actual gloves on her. I had left her mittens in her other coat. I found a pair of gloves that my sister had given her at Christmas in my coat pocket. She always refused to let me put them on before. That just shows how cold she was. She spent a good amount of time jumping and playing, but she also spent a good amount of time sitting on my lap with her face buried in my chest and two blankets surrounding her.

You might think it's crazy to drive 9 hours round trip for a 4 hour visit, but I know it was worth it to Jim. That was a very special place for him during a very important time. No matter how long it has been since he's lived there, it will always be his home.

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Pug Mama said...

very sweet!

Blogger Jim McClain said...

The guy in the picture needs to open his stance, get his legs further apart, and use a lighter bat!

Blogger Tammie said...

I think the idea of going home - even if for only a short time - is important. They say home is where the heart is. I say it's also where the memories are.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG