.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Sunday, May 18, 2008
3 Word Sunday
Though it's still been pretty cool around here with highs in the 50 and 60s, we did have three sunny days in a row. The only rain came over night on Saturday. Finally, Sera's been able to play outside a little bit. She loves the outside. Look at that picture...her hair's a mess; she has dirt on her face; and she's as happy as can be. I love it!


We finally got to the doctor on Friday for her 2-year check. Sera is now 32 1/2 inches and 24 lbs, 4 oz. She's between 10 & 25% on the American charts, but, hey, she's on them! She's grown 4 1/2 inches and 6 pounds, 6 ounces since we've been home. She's gone from wearing 6-9 month clothes to 18 month clothes. The doctor proclaimed her the picture of health and said her next well child check would be at 3. She's either on target or ahead in all areas. We've been so very lucky.

We also had a repeat of last weekend's success. Woo hoo! She gets such a proud look on her face when I start singing the big girl song. It's absolutely inane as I made it up myself, but she gets a kick out of it.

As for that great picture I posted Friday evening, I wish I could take credit. The place where I held Sera's birthday party had just opened. It was an established business, but they'd just increased the size of their cafe adding a candy store, cafeteria, play room, and party room. They'd asked if I minded a photographer from a regional magazine taking photos for a magazine layout. They only ended up using one from the party in the magazine. The great shot of Lily with the chocolate-covered pretzel. They had a few more on the website, including the one of Sera with her birthday cupcakes. The photographer is sending me a disk with all the photos. I can't wait to see the rest. What a great way to record Sera's first birthday party.

We have two more weeks of school, and then it's summer vacation time. Well, summer vacation for Sera and me. Jim will be teaching summer school through June. We have some big plans for July, including a trip to Utah, Mackinaw Island, and Indianapolis. We'll be driving to all of them. Yikes!

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Pug Mama said...

I had the hardest time pulling your blog up, but finally I got it!
That pic is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Blogger Tammie said...

Great news on Sera's 2 year checkup. It's always amazing to hear that our children have caught up & are doing well.

Blogger Marcia said...

I love that picture of Sera...too cute!

Blogger Eileen said...

Glad Sera is doing so well! She's so pretty!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG