.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Here's the Poop, err...Scoop!
Months ago, I bought a potty chair very similar to the one pictured here. At Christmas, the Fishers gave Sera a Dora potty chair. We have Dora upstairs and the plain one downstairs.

At first, Sera was fascinated with them. I'd take her diaper off, and she'd sit. Then I'd hand her a square of paper, she'd "wipe," and we'd wash our hands. I didn't push too hard because her daycare isn't really set up for potty-training. I planned to let her get used to the idea and work on it this summer. She was enjoying sitting on the potty so much, I decided to try some pull-ups. Big mistake. She hated them. She then quit wanting to sit on the potty. Whenever I asked her if she needed to potty, she'd shake her head emphatically no. I didn't want to traumatize her about it, so I backed off.

Sera's not subtle when it's time to go, if you know what I mean. Her face turns red, and you can easily tell what she's doing. All along, I'd ask her if she needed to poopy in the potty when she'd make that face. Every single time, I got the emphatic headshake.

This morning, Sera was running between Jim in the kitchen and me in the living room. She was chanting something. I finally figured out she was saying mommy, potty over and over. I asked her if she wanted to go potty and got that headshake. But then she came over to the couch and started making that face. I asked her again. Again with the headshake, but then she looked at me and said, "potty" and took off. I followed her to the bathroom fully expecting her diaper to already be loaded. It wasn't.

She sat on the potty, and she pooped. Sera pooped on the potty! We clapped, we cheered, we called daddy to come see. I, briefly, considered grabbing my camera, but decided that might be crossing a line. And then we clapped and cheered some more.

Now, I know we're not done. We're just starting down this path, and we still have three weeks before summer break, but still...

SERA POOPED ON THE POTTY!

Labels: ,



5 Comments:

Blogger Tammie said...

Yay Sera!!! You go sweetie!!

BTW, Magi, it took Erin until she was about 3.5 before she was totally potty trained. Everyone told me she "had to be started" at 12 months. I told everyon that I would start at 18 months, but if Erin wasn't ready, I wasn't pushing. We did on her timeline which made it take longer but no trauma.

As for the picture, I'm glad you decided not to cross the line. ;)

Blogger Gerbil said...

Yay for Sera!!! That's a pretty big step indeed!

Blogger Alyson and Ford said...

Glad there is one less picture! Congrats!

Alyson LID 01/27/06

Blogger Marcia said...

Yay! Sera is a "big girl" now!

Blogger Gail said...

That's Great!!
She understands! That is definitely the start of something BIG!!
Good Job Sera!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG