.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Here We Go!
The post I made last night was made in the small window I had open. Shortly after I posted, Sera woke up. She had barely been asleep an hour. She would not let me put her down for almost 2 1/2 hours. I know it was a reaction to being left all day. There might have been a teething aspect and even a gas aspect judging by the rumbles in her diaper, but the way she held on to me tells me it was something more.

This morning we took her back to G's house. When she saw P waiting for her in the doorway, she bounced and giggled. She was very excited to see both of them and, more importantly, to see P's doll, Lorelai. My girl loves dolls. We need to get her more of them. She seems really drawn to the somewhat realistic babies as opposed to the cartoony type dolls (Sonya Lu). I put her down to play with the dolls. It only took a minute or two before she realized what was going on this time. She reached for me and started to whimper a little. Jim and I told her bye-bye. She began crying as we left. As cruel as it may sound, I was happy to hear that sound. I think she wasn't expecting us to leave her yesterday because it wasn't something she was used to happening. But today, she knew what was going on. If she hadn't cried, I would have started worrying about attachment issues. She acted exactly the way she should.

When we picked her up, she was happy to see us both. Though she did reach for daddy first, again. At home, she was excited and happy to play with her toys. She started a game where she would sit down on the end of the couch. I was sitting at the other end. When I put my arm out to make sure she didn't fall off the couch, she flung herself into my arms, gave me a hug, and then went back to sit in the corner on the other side of the couch. She was obviously happy to be home, but she didn't act like she was mad at me the way she had on Monday.

Tomorrow will be another new experience, but in a familiar place. She'll be starting daycare at the high school where I work. We visited my school several times last Spring. I think she's going to really enjoy it there. She loves other children.

In case you are wondering, I've never been less prepared for the beginning of the school year. Luckily, I'm teaching classes I've taught multiple times. I'm not too concerned. With trimesters, I get to experience the first day of class three times a school year. It's become old hat.

For my fellow teachers out there, welcome back to school. Yippee....

Note to Jacquie: It was much harder on me than Sera during the day. She had her reaction at night. I think a slower transition would be great. I wish I had the option of doing that. On the other hand, I'm getting some real pluses out of having her in my building.

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Jacquie said...

Thanks for your words Magi! And how fortunate that you have a daycare right where you teach. That would be awesome. Keep us all posted!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG