.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, June 01, 2007
Rubber Ducky, You're The One
We waited until the second day to give Sera her first bath with us. It seemed like she had been through enough the first day. As you can see, she HATED baths. This tub was in our room. We thought it was going to be so helpful. We tried it twice and got the same reaction each time. We then tried me taking her in the shower while Jim stood outside the shower door. She was so slippery that I hated it. I was sure I was going to drop her.

For the rest of our time in China, she got bathed in the bathroom sink. She would scream each time. I would have her sitting on a towel on the edge of the sink with her feet in the basin. I'd then use a washcloth to bascially sponge bathe her.

When we got home the sink baths continued, but she finally started enjoying them. Once she got comfortable in the water I started thinking about moving her to the tub. My only problem was the tub looked so big, and she looked so tiny. I just couldn't imagine putting her in there. All the baby baths I saw were for infants. That wouldn't work either. On one of my many Target trips, I found this gem. The first time she went in this tub, she had a blast, and it's been love ever since. By the way, when you squeeze his bill, he quacks.

Daddy pours water in from way up high and makes big bubbles!

Labels:



5 Comments:

Blogger LaLa said...

We had the same tub..until she outgrew it of course. We loved it and it will be packed for our trip to Vietnam for little sister.
Sweet pics of Miss Sera.

Blogger C's Mom said...

A much happier cutie in that second shot :0)

Blogger Marcia said...

Who wouldn't be happy in a big inflatable duck?!

Uncle Tim

Blogger Tammie said...

You are so lucky that Sera found a tub she likes. Erin hated bathtime until last summer. In fact, it's only in the last 5 or 6 months that she willingly gets into a bathtub!

When we first got her, Erin would scream bloody murder at just seeing a bathtub. When we tried bathing her, it was like someone was putting her on fire. We spent many nights crying ourselves.

I'm happy to hear that Sera is doing so well with bathtime. As for the bubbles, "Go Daddy!"

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute little bathing beauty!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG