.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
Getting Back to Normal
Things are finally getting back to normal around here. We've been really lucky in that Sera rarely gets sick. Even last week was pretty easy with her. Within 30 minutes of getting Tylenol, she would be fine. It was just that the fever kept coming back when the Tylenol wore off. We kept things low key and kept her home for the week. We did spend a lot of time just rocking in the recliner, but she also spent a good deal of time playing with her toys.

On Saturday, we headed out for breakfast and decided to do some errands. Sera is a diehard napper. We ended up out a little too long, and she fell asleep in the car on the way home. It was around 12:30. She's usually down for her nap around 11ish. She slept for maybe five minutes in the car before we got home. I carried her upstairs where she willingly went to bed after sticking her feet in the air and proclaiming, "Off!" I took her shoes off, covered her up, and said night-night. She never went back to sleep. For the next hour and a half she just laid there. I'd see her moving her hand across the crib slats or waving her feet. Every now and then she'd pick up her doll and wave her around, but she never fell asleep. That's the problem we have. If she falls asleep in the car, even for as little as five minutes, she can't nap. This is also why I got into the habit last summer of keeping a book in the car. If she fell asleep, I'd just park and read my book during her nap time. In fact, last Wednesday I had to take her to the doctor. She fell asleep on the way home. I went through a drive-thru and bought breakfast. I ate and read while she napped.

Anyway, I put a turkey breast in the oven Saturday afternoon to roast for dinner. Sera's lack of nap was becoming obvious. There was no way she was going to make it to dinner. I fixed her something to eat, which she refused. She asked for yogurt. I poured some blueberry yogurt in a bowl and put it on the highchair tray. I then went back into the kitchen to finish making dinner. It was only about 15 minutes from being finished. While I was in there, Jim called me back out to show me this sight.



She had fallen fast asleep in her chair. She didn't even eat a single bite of her yogurt. It was only 5:30 in the afternoon. Jim took her up to bed and then joined me for dinner. She slept until 9 am Sunday morning. She went to bed an hour and a half early and slept two hours more than usual. It was also the least congested she's been at night. I think she just finally was able to sleep really well.

On Sunday, we went to the Fisher house to finally celebrate Easter. We had already postponed it a week due to an illness in Laura's family. They had to travel over the weekend to visit her ill grandmother. When we came down with the flu, it was nice knowing that we could just pretend Easter wasn't happening yet.

It was cold and raining outside, so we kept Sera inside. All the Fisher clan was there and we had a great time. Sera had so much fun running around playing and eating. We had been there a few hours when all the kids went outside for the Easter egg hunt. Luckily, Sera didn't really know what she was missing when we kept her inside. I felt bad because she kept looking at me, pointing to the door, and saying, "outside?" After the little kids finished outside, Doug and Laura scattered Sera's eggs around the house for her to find. She caught on very quickly and loved finding the eggs. Doug had given her some Easter candy and toys in her basket when we first arrived, so she was following him around all day. She knew he had the good stuff. Though she perked up for her egg hunt, we knew it was time to go. When the kids had been outside, Sera had gone to Jim and asked him to pick her up and rock her. He cradled her and sang, Rockabye Baby, until they came back inside. After she found all her eggs, we said our goodbyes and left. We weren't five minutes away before she was sound asleep in her carseat.

Sera & Kyra
Notice how Sera is guarding her cherry M&Ms?

Sera on the hunt for orange eggs!

Labels:



6 Comments:

Blogger Tammie said...

Glad to hear that Sera is feeling better.

What gives with these 5 minute cat naps!? They're horrible. Erin is exactly the same way.

Blogger C's Mom said...

Glad to hear that things are looking up. Love the photos and, wow, can I realte to that one of Sera snoozing in her highchair. I snooze when I sit down these days too ;0) She looks far cuter doing it though...no pesky drool!

Blogger LaLa said...

That sleeping pic is so sweet! Glad she is feeling better.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magi,

That picture of her sleeping is precious! Sweet little thing! Glad she is feeling better.

Isn't Easter so much more fum with her in it?

Finally, I love the wedding photo. You look beautiful and you are glowing. It is obvious you and Jim have a very sweet relationship and a great connection. I love how you write about him. Your Eight Years post brought tears to my eyes. I love a good love story!

Blogger Marcia said...

I love the picture of her asleep in the high chair....too cute.

cherry m&m's????? Never heard of them...I think I need to try them!!

Blogger Two Pearls said...

Definitely too cute.

Hey, we're heading down to the gulf shores area in three weeks to visit the inlaws. Any recommendations of where to eat? We usually go to Wolf's Bay Lodge, but thought maybe you'd know of another local spot with yummy food?

L

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG