.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Monday, March 31, 2008
Eight Years Ago
I married the man of my dreams. Over the previous seven years, he's been my best friend, my rock, and my playmate. We've travelled to Key West, New York City, San Francisco, and Sedona among other places. We had weekends in Chicago, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Traverse City, and Mackinac Island. We made multiple trips to Gulf Shores. We built a house and shared it with family. We spent almost two years virtually raising our niece. We loved and buried two cats and have rescued a dog that was weaned too early. We've struggled financially and splurged on occasion. We went through the heartbreak of infertility and the highs and lows of waiting to adopt. I can't even imagine those last seven years without him.

But this last year...

reached brand new heights. There is nothing to deepen your love than to watch your husband become a father. Seeing those big hands softly cradle your child. Watching the love in his eyes as she goes racing to the door screaming, "daddy's home!" Looking as he cradles her in his arms and sings Rockabye Baby softly to her in the middle of an Easter party because she's just done.

Thank you, Jim, for seven fantastic years and for the most amazing eighth year ever. I wouldn't want to walk this journey with anyone else.

I love you!


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great post. Happy anniversary to you. I just posted about a very special anniversary we are celebrating on this day :-)

Blogger RamblingMother said...

What a sweet tribute.

Beverly

Blogger Kate said...

Happy anniversary to you all!

Blogger C's Mom said...

Awww.....that just made me misty!

Happy Anny to you two. I hope your realize many wonderful dreams in the years ahead.

Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful post. Happy Anniversary!
Donna

Blogger Tammie said...

Happy Anniversary! May you have many more to celebrate!

BTW, you 2 look gloriously happy & wonderful in your weddng picture.

Blogger Kiy said...

Oh, sniffle! I have tears, I tell you, tears, rolling down my cheeks. What an amazing post, and all that love pouring through your words.

Happy Anniversary to both of you.

Kiy

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG