.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Saturday, March 22, 2008
And This is Spring?
If it is, I'm not sure I'm ready for it after all.

Sera and I came home at 10 am Thursday. Thursday night was parent conferences at my school, so we had a short day. I wasn't feeling very well, so we both went down for a nap. Two hours later, I woke up with a temp of 101. I called work to let them know I wouldn't be coming back in. I then booted up my laptop to email Jim. He was planning to go directly to my school to pick up Sera from me. I get an error message that my profile is missing. I look in my My Documents folder and everything is gone. I mean EVERYTHING, including My Pictures folder. I didn't have email or anything.

It's two days later, and my fever broke this afternoon. Yep, it took two days. I've done nothing but sleep and drink Nyquil since Thursday afternoon. We didn't have school on Friday, so Jim's been handling everything while I lay practically comatose. Today, he took my laptop in, and they fixed it. It's a mystery, but for some reason it started going to a guest profile when I clicked on my user. I still have some problems to work out. For one, I seem to be missing all my old emails. And all my favorites are gone. Not gone gone as I've found them in a folder, but I have to figure out how to get them back where they belong.

The insult to all this injury? Look at what we saw outside our window this morning.

The real cruel irony though is a bad mommy part two. Sera had a fever of 101 when I put her to bed tonight. I think I gave her my crud.

We actually postponed our Easter celebration to next weekend as the family we're celebrating with had to take an emergency trip out of town due to family illness. It's worked out to be the best for us, too. Maybe it will even be warm. An Easter egg hunt in snow just doesn't seem right.

Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger Wendi said...

You poor dear! Hope you both are feeling better soon.

Luckily we don't have snow, but it sure doesn't feel like spring here either. I bought a sweater to go with Megan's Easter dress, but as cold as it is I might have to put her in something warmer. Sigh.

Spring can't skip us this year, right?

Blogger Tammie said...

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better now. Don't worry about Sera. She's going to have to get used to people sharing all kinds of things that she doesn't really want.

I've never heard of anyone having a white Spring before. Enjoy!

Happy Easter! Hopefully next week will be filled with sunshine for your celebration!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG