.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Playing Hooky
Sera and I played hooky today. Well, is it playing hooky if you plan ahead for a sub?

The playgroup we went to all last Spring and Summer was having their Halloween party this morning. I decided it was worth using one of my three annual personal days to go. Knowing that I wouldn't have to get up until 6:30-7ish, I decided to be a wild 'n crazy girl and stay up all the way to 11:00 pm last night. Sera showed me the error of my ways this morning. I wake her at 6 am on school mornings. When I let her wake on her own, she usually wakes between 7 am and 8 am. Today, she woke at 4:45 am. Yes, you read correctly. 4:45 AM She was awake and happy and ready to play. I suggested going back to sleep, and she laughed in my face.

We played until about 7:15 am when I put her down for a nap. I know it was incredibly early, but I also knew she would not make it through the party if she didn't have more sleep. Since she fell asleep within minutes of being put her in her crib, I knew I'd made the right call. The party started at 10 am, so I had to wake her around 8:45 am. I dressed her in her black tights and a fleece top. I saved her costume for when we arrived. I bought two costumes for her this year. I bought them both on Ebay. The one I wanted, a bumblebee, was ending after my second choice. My second choice, however had virtually no bids. I got it for about $10.oo, including shipping. I thought the bumblebee would not be good for the party as the wings would make it hard to play. We'll save it for Halloween.

When we got the party, I put on her witches costume and the hat. She loved it! She really loved the hat for the first few minutes before she decided it got in her way. She gets very clingy in a new place, plus she hadn't seen her playgroup friends in months, so we spent about half an hour with me holding her or sitting with her on my lap. I tried to take this picture of her and Snow White too early. She was not pleased that I put her down. Poor Snow White was upset that Sera was upset. She and her mom are neighbors and know Sera well.

After she acclimated, my child was off and running. She had a great time at the party and ate her fill of grapes, apples, and carrots.


Snow White and Her Happy Witch Friend
Sera's eyes lit up when the Princess arrived. She loved her pink and sparkly dress.
Sera will make a chair of anything that is her size
A much happier witch
Snow White and the cute lil kitty cat
One darn cute ladybug and a kitty cat's older brother
At the end of the party. Costumes have been discarded. Sera refused to sit on the couch. Maybe next year?

I think I got everyone's picture except for a good one of our second cute ladybug and the first one's brother. A good time was had by all!

Labels: ,



7 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

I LOVE those pictures.

Hooky rocks!

Blogger Tammie said...

Sounds like a great day! The pictures are great. I love Sera's witch costume.

Blogger Marcia said...

I LOVE the witch costume...it is adorable!

Blogger RamblingMother said...

Poor little mad witch. She is adorable though in her smiling pics.

Beverly

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute litle witch she is!

Blogger Erin said...

Sera makes a lovely witch even with the tears!

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Sera is just so adorable! My little granddaughter is a ladybug this year. Adorable!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG