.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Monday, October 08, 2007
It May Have Stuck This Time
Some time back, Sera started saying mama. Not often though, mainly when she was hungry. I often thought she thought it meant feed me. Dada came easily and early. About a week and a half ago, he even became dadee. If you showed Sera a picture of me, she called me dada, too. We've been playing a game for a long time. Where's your nose, where's dada's nose, and where's mama's nose? She could identify the right person, but she still didn't call me mama. This weekend we were playing that game along with where's Sera using her blanket. At one point, Jim asked, not for the first time, where's mama? It was the first time that I wasn't under the blanket though. She was sitting on my lap at the time. She started pounding on my chest with both hands chanting mama, mama, mama and laughed. Later, in the car, she sat in the back and chanted mama, mama again. She's called me mama a few times since.

It looks like it may stick this time.

Labels:



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

QAaaah, such a good feeling, isn't it?
That is another great picture of Sera!

Blogger Wendi said...

Yeah!! It is so sweet to hear that little word!

Blogger Unknown said...

Your daughter is so beautiful.

And books ... aren't written with your child in mind.

Blogger Kate said...

Mark down the date.

So that, at some point in the future, when you stop and think, "Wait, when did I ever think it would be a good idea to teach this small person my name?" you will know the answer. ;)

Blogger Kristi said...

You give me hope!! Zoe said mama for 2 weeks and then it went away. We have "ball", "uh oh", "bear", "dada" and "bye-bye" but mama went by the wayside. So glad you are hearing it again, and hoping it gets passed this way again soon too :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know why but that made me cry.

Jessica

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG