.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Back To Square One
Not Sera. Me!

After being home for four months, I'd definitely gotten into a groove. We had our routines. Life was good, and I didn't feel wiped out at the end of each day...then I went back to work.

This week is kicking my butt. I'm as tired now as I was those first few weeks home with Sera. I get up at 5:30 and dress. I'm taking my shower the night before. I get Sera up around 6, get her dressed, and downstairs for her morning bottle. Jim was making her breakfast, but the daycare is giving her breakfast. The last two morning we've had to drive separately, so I try to leave by 6:30. I go through a drive-thru and get a morning coffee and a snack for Sera. This morning it was yogurt with fruit. When we get to school, I take her upstairs to my office, and we have our morning snack. I get her downstairs to the daycare between 7:15 and 7:30. Starting Monday, I have to open a morning lab at 7:30, so I need to get her down there no later than 7:15 then. I teach all day, pick up Sera at 3:20ish, and head home. Yesterday, we had errands. Today, we came straight home. Jim had to work late, so we played on our own for an hour before I started dinner. I finished feeding her about 6. Jim ran her bath and took her upstairs for her bath and bedtime routine. I ate dinner, did the dishes, made lunch for tomorrow, and came here. I still need to do a load of laundry and get my shower. It's 8:30 at night. How do people do this everyday????

It felt just as overwhelming when I adjusted to being a mom. I know being a "working outside the home" mom will also take some adjusting.

I think the hardest part is missing all those hours I'm no longer spending with her.

On the other hand, she is LOVING daycare. I peek in on her during my prep hour and also chat and email the teachers in that department. She is one happy baby. She already has a friend and is just having the time of her life. I'm glad she's experiencing this. I just wish I could have about two hours more a day with her.

Labels:



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Magi, this must be so hard. I am sure things will get better once you get used to your routine more. I am glad to hear Sera is loving daycare!!!

Blogger Erin said...

As with everything, this will just take time to adjust to. Pretty soon you'll have it down to a routine. It looks like a jammed packed schedule. Good luck :-)

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Maybe working part time would work better for you both? I know my daughter is thinking about that as even when she worked in a daycare and took Lexy to work with her she did not have that one on one time.

I don't know how parents do it either but I hardly ever worked part time with my kids - I have four.

Hugs to you!

Blogger bbmomof2boys said...

Hehe...I'm a lurker but I just had to comment on this one. You just wait until she gets involved in activites outside of school...dance, girl scouts, sports. During the baseball season we are not home until after 9 pm every.single.night!! Would I change any of it? No way!!! Yep, we are tired but oh so proud of the boys.

Soon you'll figure out what works best for you and your family and you'll settle right down into your schedule!!

~Carla

Blogger Colleen said...

Wow. I am so tired just reading that post. I am sorry that you are going thru a re-adjustment period like this. At least Sera likes Daycare. Could be worse right? I know I will have to do the same thing in just over a month...so I am now officially scared. Just as you adjusted before, you will adjust again.....one day at a time.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG