.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Neglecting My Duty
I have been informed that, once again, I've been neglecting my duties in updating you all on the Wonderful World of Sera.

What can I say...she's wonderful. She's opening up more and more. She now loves on her baby doll. She hugs her and kisses her. She's always been fine receiving kisses from Jim and me, but now she's initiating, too. The other day when I was unbuckling her from her high chair she leaned forward and kissed me. She's done that every time since. Of course, it just shatters my heart into a gazillion lovely pieces each time she does it.

This week we headed over to the Social Security office and applied for Sera's social security card. They said we should get it in about three weeks.

She's saying mama and dada a lot more, and she's saying it to us. Hi has replaced uh-oh as her favorite word. We're not hearing uh-oh as often. No one else could tell, but she is working on bye-bye, baby, and thank you right now. We know based on context, intonation, and syllables.

She's been walking by holding our hands for several weeks now. Each day she's been able to stand for longer and longer before falling and could take one step. Jim and I decided taking one step was not walking. It's more like falling with style. A few days ago she mastered standing, squatting down to pick up a toy, and standing again. Today when we practiced having her walk from mommy to daddy and vice versa, she didn't clutch our hands as usual and made it a good three or four steps each time. She's had this push toy since the first week we got home. It was a gift from one of Jim's co-workers. She's often sat in front of it and spun the many toys on the outside. I have shown her how to push and walk, but each time she sat right down and acted afraid of it. Today, after she got tired of walking between Jim and me, she crawled over to it, stood up and took off.

To make up for my bad blogging this month, here are pictures and a video from today. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera handy when she was walking on her own. I did get the pictures with her push toy though.

I'm cruisin' now.

Don't I look jaunty?

Mama, we need a bigger living room.



Labels: , ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Pug Mama said...

so sweet, just want to eat her up!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is so cute and growing up fast!

Blogger Marcia said...

How cute!

Blogger Colleen said...

OMG - she is getting so big - and watch out...any day now - she will be flying thru that house solo. Uh-oh....you think you have your hands full now??

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG