.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Monday, August 24, 2009
A Good Day

It's week two of school and things are falling into place. Last week was just hectic. Besides all the normal back to school stuff, I had a few other things to deal with. We switched from trimesters to semesters, so we went from five 75 minute classes to seven 50 minute classes. At least once a day last week, I found myself running out of time in class. Adjusting to 25 fewer minutes was harder than I thought. We also have a new software program for attendance and grades. It's not difficult, but it's one more new thing.

Today, we got out of the house on time. I was ready for all my classes. I timed everything correctly today. We came home to a clean house. While I was in the kitchen cleaning shrimp and making dinner, shrimp creole & spinach salad, Sera was in her kitchen making "cupcakes". I could watch her from the pass-thru in my kitchen. I loved it when she told me that she was cooking in her kitchen just like mommy cooks in her kitchen. Dinner was on time and on the table instead of trays in front of the television. After dinner, Jim put away the leftovers and cleaned the kitchen. Sera was so tired that she's already in bed and willingly.

Can it get better? I don't think so.

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Glad to hear you are starting to get into some sort of a routine!

Tell Sera to come to our house to make cupcakes with Tahlia ;-)

Blogger Gerbil said...

Jacob likes to cook too but lately the ingredients have included monster trucks. I don't imagine those are easy to digest.

Sera has gotten so big!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane is cooking as we "speak" :)! It is the simple days of regular things that make life good so often.

Blogger Kiy said...

Emi too is starting to spend more and more time in her kitchen. She is still in tea party mode, but they seem to include every piece of plastic food she owns. I can't wait to hear what all is going on in her mind, it is going to be fascinating.

Glad you are doing well, routines really help don't they? I'd be lost without mine, and I don't work outside of the house. I am always in awe of those that do. I honestly don't know how you do all that you do.

Kiy

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG