.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Sunday, August 23, 2009
3 Word Sunday

Some of you might remember when I wrote about the demise of my stoneware baking pan. One person who did was a friend from 30 years ago - from high school. Since I've linked my blog to my Facebook account, I've found that I get fewer comments here, but that people I hadn't seen in years have now reconnected.

Pat was a friend in high school. I remember her as being outgoing and crazy and just really envying her confidence and ease in dealing with people. I always felt shy and awkward and like I didn't really fit into the high school scene. I had my group of friends that I was comfortable with, but there were so many circumstances back then that made me just want to crawl under the nearest furniture and hide.

Because of Facebook, I've learned that Pat was enrolled in culinary school (she recently graduated!) and is following her dream of working in the food world. I've shared with her my experiences in that world, too. When she read about my pan, she immediately contacted me as she had one that she'd never used and wanted to send it to me. It arrived this weekend. I love it and can't wait to use it.

Thank you, Pat, for the pan and the friendship!

Labels: , ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Pug Mama said...

HAAAAA!!!!!! before I read your post - I thought it was a bed pan!!!!!!

Blogger Alyson and Ford said...

Wonderful story!!
Happy 3WS!

Alyzabeth's Mommy for Eleven Months!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun to reconnect, and how sweet of Pat!

Blogger Kiy said...

Wow, very very nice. I have been on FB more lately, but still don't really get it. Guess I am just getting old, and my memory seems to be failing. Folks keep wanting to friend me and I honestly have NO idea who these people are. I feel bad so say yes. I still don't know who most of them are. Yes, I am probably blocking my high school years!

Cheers

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG