.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Maid-Rite

For years I've heard about Maid-Rite sandwiches. I've read about them on food boards and newspapers. People rave about them, especially if they can no longer get them. I've seen many recipes posted claiming to replicate the original. I even tried one recipe. I wasn't impressed. None the less, when Jim and I saw a sign for them in Iowa, we decided to see what all the fuss was about.

Do you remember when Roseanne started her own business selling loose meat sandwiches? Well, that's a Maid-Rite. They're a seasoned loose ground beef sandwich with mustard, chopped onions, and pickles. They were very tasty, if a little messy. They're even served with a spoon. Think of a sloppy joe without the sauce and with the aforementioned condiments.

I know what I did wrong when I made them now, too.

We're now in our fourth, and final, state for today - Nebraska. In 310 miles, we'll be able to call it a day.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG