.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Saying Bye Bye
Granddaddy and Grandma Nora left today. It was a quick visit, but a very nice one. Sera loved getting to spend so much time with her grandparents. We really need to figure out a way for her to see them more.

I don't know what I was thinking, but I never pulled out my camera. Late last night I thought of it and Jim reminded me this morning, so I was able to take the camera with us to the airport and get some shots there at least.

If nothing else, I can assure you that they left well fed. Besides Thanksgiving on Thursday, we took them to our favorite Chinese restaurant for lunch on Friday and our favorite steak restaurant for dinner. We've never left the steak restaurant without leftovers, and this time we have dad and Nora's, too. Between those and leftover turkey, I won't be cooking for days.

Speaking of cooking, the sink is still stopped up and we haven't tested the oven again. I figured we'd deal with it next week when it wasn't a "holiday" weekend anymore Since the oven will still turn on, it just won't stay on, I'm hoping it's just a part that needs replacing.

This morning we all headed out for a big breakfast before going to the airport. See, I told you they were well fed. We got to the airport in plenty of time for their flight only to learn it was delayed. There is a nice section right next to the concourse they were departing from with rocking chairs in front of a huge plate glass window. We all sat there and watched Sera play until their plane finally left. It's such a small airport that we were able to watch them enter their gate after they passed through security, walk across the tarmac, and board their plane. They were waving to Sera, and she to them, until they stepped inside the plane.

We went upstairs to watch their plane leave, but it taxied to the end of the runway and parked. We waited about 20 minutes and left. It was way past Sera's nap time and she actually said I done, mommy. And she was.

A short nap and a snugglefest on the couch while we watched Polar Express perked her back up. Tonight, my favorite holiday movie, White Christmas, is on. Sounds like a perfect evening.


Granddaddy, Sera, & Grandma Nora

Giving kisses

Everyone gets one!

Isn't this the sweetest picture?

Sera loved spending time with her Grandma Nora

I love this silhouette of Sera and Daddy watching the plane leave


Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Tammie said...

You may not have gotten many pics from this visit but the ones you did get, are gorgeous. By the way, I think Sera has Granddaddy's smile.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG