.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Friday, August 01, 2008
How To Take A Princess Camping
As I've mentioned before, I'm not an experienced camper. In fact, prior to our Utah experience I'd camped out exactly once. By camping, I mean tent. I went to 4-H camp, but we had cabins. I even spent a night or two in an RV. Even totaled up though, I still hadn't spent too many nights in the great outdoors. My dad likes to make an old joke, but it's true for my family. Camping, to us, is a night at a Da*y's Inn. It sounds somewhat elitist to make that joke, but please consider that my father is a hotelier. We literally grew up in hotels.

To say I've been leary about the whole camping things is to put it mildly. Jim, on the other hand, loves camping and has tons of experience. Sera loves being outside and the idea of sleeping outside just sent her over the moon. I was obviously outnumbered. I must admit, Jim worked hard to win me over.

A nice view doesn't hurt

Add a loving husband

An adorable child

Daddy and daughter moments that just bring a tear to your eyes
A strong tent ready to withstand any storms
A warm bonfire
And the real winner...elevated queen-sized beds
One beautiful napping child

An after nap stop for ice cream
"I help daddy"
Good friends
Hot dogs roasted on an open fire
And another great view

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Magi,
Where did you guys camp at? It looks like a great place to stay, and it looks like you all had a good time. I'll bet you're happy to be home tho. There's nothing like crawling into your own bed after a nice hot shower after being gone for so long. Even tho the trip was fun. Take care and let me know where you were camping at. It looks really nice.

Blogger Unknown said...

We camped in Jim's hometown of Mesick, Michigan at Northern Exposure Campground. It's where Jim's grandma took him to swim when he was a little boy at Hodenpyl Dam Pond, aka "the Backwaters." The Manistee
River runs past the campground.

Blogger Rose McClain said...

Oh, wow... I took one look at the picture of your bonfire and could smell it. I love camping! It really is fun, and it looks like you had an ideal spot. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG