.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Only My Brain

This morning I was watching TV and saw a new French's Mustard commercial. You may have seen it. The mustard is listening to her phone messages. She's quite popular as hot dog, pretzel, and hoagie call for dates. What cracked me up is the person doing the voice over is Didi Conn, or someone who sounds an awful lot like Didi Conn. Does anyone else besides Jim and me catch things like this?

Why is this funny? She played Frenchie in this movie.

I was 16 when this movie came out. I remember taking my younger sisters to see the movie that summer. They would have been 14, 11, and 8. We loved the movie and the music. That soundtrack became standard road music for us for years. In fact, I still enjoy playing it when I'm on a road trip.

That was also the night of my first car accident. When we left the movie theater, I pulled into the left turn lane. The car in the left lane cut over and clipped me. No one had told me not to move the car when you're in an accident so I went through the light and pulled into a gas station. The other driver insisted that I must have entered the turn lane before it had officially started. I claimed otherwise. Since I had moved the car, they took the word of the adult over mine. I was livid. I even tried to fight it. I made my mother bring me to the police station the next day. I insisted that an officer come with me to see that it was not possible to enter the turn lane early if you're leaving the movie theater's parking lot. The officer did agree that he saw my point, but claimed nothing could be done to change the report. I still get annoyed when I think about it. I did learn not to move the car though. Unfortunately, I had several more opportunities to use that lesson. Thankfully, those days appear to be behind me.

I still love Grease.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Grease. I have seen it over 100 times. It is my favorite movie and I know all the words, songs and dance moves by heart!

Blogger C's Mom said...

I love Grease too. Man, I used to sing those songs non-stop.

Glad the accident was a 'safe' one though a disappointing experience in integrity.

I haven't seen the mustard commercial. Now I'll be looking for it ;0)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG