.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
It Wasn't Just a Dream
Last night, Sera cried herself to sleep while daddy held her and hummed Brahm's Lullaby. She was so exhausted. She had only had 1/2 the bottle the nannies gave us and refused water. It was only 7 pm, so I expected her to wake up hungry at some point.

While she slept, I wrote yesterday's blog and Jim ordered dinner for us. We both crashed by 9:30. I kept waking up to check on Sera and because I'm over the beds. I liked them at first, but I think you have to run yourself ragged and be so physically exhausted you could cry before you can sleep for long. I finally caved and got up around 4 am. Sera was restless. She opened her eyes. I tucked her panda in the crook of her arm and placed her blanket back over her. She fell back asleep while I rubbed her tummy.

I've been sitting here for the last hour reading all the lovely messages you have left us and thinking. It is so amazing that our daughter is sleeping in her crib. I keep looking at her and thinking she's going to disappear or that I'm going to wake up.

I've wanted to be a mother for as long as I can remember. It's just so hard to believe that day has come true. I know how difficult the journey is to this point. We rode that roller coaster up and down every stinking hill, and you know what? I'd do it all again for that smile.

I couldn't have done this without the support of so many people. My family has been amazing. You know all those awful stories you read about family reactions to adoption or Chinese adoption? I never got that even once. Just 100% support. I appreciate it so much and love you all.

I also want to thank all of you whom I've met through the Internet. Who knew how important this invention would be in my life. Sharing our stories, our pains, our joys has been wonderful. I can't imagine going through this without each and every one of you.

The person I most want to thank is lying in bed snoring lightly. I've been watching him as well as I sat here this morning. He has been amazing. I know that when we started this process, he was doing it more for me. He's in all the way now. I've had no doubts of that for quite some time, but seeing him with her yesterday proved it beyond any shadow of a doubt. After his wiping Sera's nose a few times caused her to cry, he decided to wipe her nose with his finger so it wouldn't be as rough as the tissue. Now that's a daddy.

Here's one more picture from yesterday. She loves to lean up against your face.



10 Comments:

What a sweet post! She is absolutely adorable! Oh my gosh! I can't stand it! She is just too cute.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magi - Sera is gorgeous - you and your Jim are over the moon - how very wonderful. Congratulations and best wishes. My husband leaves Guangzhou day after tomorrow with our Hannah. What a wild ride! Enjoy and God Bless!
Heather

Blogger Marcia said...

what an awesome post...I'm so happy for you. There is nothing more wonderful than being a mother...I'm so glad that you are one now...I know that you will be a wonderful mom. Call me :)

Blogger Colleen said...

You are making me cry!!! I cannot tell you how happy I am for you. You and Jim deserve all of this happiness. What a beautiful little baby you have. I can't wait for you to be home with her to start your new lives. Although of course....I am so excited for you to have all of the wonderful experiences you will there in China. Such an amazing time in your life. I too am so lucky to have met you and my other online friends. NO WAY I would ever have gotten thru this without all of you.

Lots of hugs and love. Enjoy.....and hey - give her a smooch or two from me! :)

Blogger Angel said...

I have enjoyed all of your posts for the last several months(year) but todays made me cry.I am so happy for you-I can't wait for our turn. Enjoy each moment-your daughter is precious.
Angel
www.journeytoannagrace.com

Blogger Krista said...

Oh Magi (and Jim), congratulations. Welcome to parenthood, it is quite fabulous. Sera is beautiful and I love her smile. I am sure you will be seeing a lot more of it as time goes on. Wait for her first giggle with you. You'll be a puddle of mush!

Blogger Tammie said...

Magi & Jim,

Congratulations on completing this step in your journey! Sera is beautiful, & the 2 of you are absolutely glowing with happiness.

Blogger Beth said...

Dear Magi, Jim, & Sera - Congratulations to you all! I completely agree about the wonderful people we've met on-line during this past year+. What an amazing support network. I finally wanted to offer my best wishes to you all as you have this family time to learn about each other and experience each other in the incredible country of Sera's birth. Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us faithful readers. I look forward to following your family story every day.

Blessings - Beth
LID 10/26/05

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto on what Marcia said!!!

I can't wait to see you guys!

Blogger Dawn said...

What a beautiful and heart-felt post! Thank you for sharing your amazing journey to Sera with us!!! :)


~Dawn

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG