.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Wednesday, July 08, 2009
Road Food


Just before we hit the road for the big Utah camping trip, I found out that I would be receiving a voucher to try Kraft's Bagel-fuls. The timing could not have been better. Well, actually it could have been if I could have received the voucher before we left, but it was still pretty good. After a week of prepping, cooking, and freezing all of our meals for the camping trip, I realized that I hadn't considered any road food. Taking into consideration that I would have a 12-year-old boy and my 3-year-old daughter in the car for two straight days, I wanted to pick up some things that would be tasty, yet not just pure junk food.

I wandered the aisles of the store picking up juice & milk boxes, individual cheese sticks (string & colby-jack), yogurts, etc... Then I headed over to the frozen section to check out the Bagel-fuls. Honestly, my plan was to buy a box for us to eat before we left so that I could have my review ready in time. When I read the preparation directions and realized they could be eaten without heating, I realized they'd make a great addition to my road food selection.

I bought a box each of the blueberry and strawberry flavors. I did try one of the blueberry bagels at home because I wanted to try it toasted. It was delicious. Toasting is definitely preferable to eating them just thawed. However, I have to say that when we were crossing the very long and restaurant-free state of Wyoming those strawberry Bagel-fuls hit the spot. It was such a nice change of pace from standard road fare.

My daughter isn't quite old enough where I have to worry about packing school lunches yet, but I already have school plans for these bagels. My husband and I are both teachers and brownbag our breakfast and lunch every day during the school year. I am always looking for something that is easy to pack and eat at our desks. These bagels fit the bill perfectly.

The best part? Coming home and finding my voucher in the mail. Now I get to go pick up another box!

Thank you to 5 Minutes for Mom and Kraft for including me in this product review.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG