.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Reflections
Today is my birthday.

Our celebration started last night. We met our good friends, Doug & Laura et al, at the drive-in for the new Harry Potter movie. We got there early, so we had plenty of time to visit. It was another lovely night. I had checked the weather forecast earlier, so we knew that the temps were supposed to get into the 50's. Sera was in her fleece sleeper. Jim and I wore long pants and brought a jacket and a hoodie. Plus, we keep a couple of throws in the car. We were set.

Because it was such a late night, we all slept in to 9:00 am today. Shadow woke up first. His barking woke up Sera. With those two up, Jim and I had no choice, but to get up too. On the weekend, Jim likes to go get Sera. While he does that, I mix up her morning bottle.

The smile she gave me when they came in the room was the best birthday present I could ask for. While I fed her, Jim went downstairs to let Shadow out. We heard some kitchen noises, so it wasn't a huge surprise when he brought breakfast in with him. That is until I looked at it. He was carrying a PLATTER! On the platter, he had eggs, sausage, hash browns, pancakes, and toast. It was like having a diner breakfast delivered to us in bed. Sera's pancake was filled with blueberries. As you saw from the previous post, it was a huge success. The sheets are already off the bed and ready to be washed.

After we played for a bit, Sera went down for her morning nap. I took that time to do a little blog check. Amy has a link to a blog I hadn't seen before. This blog had a video up. Since I had time, I decided to check it out. It stirred up feelings that I haven't thought about in a long time. It's especially funny when I think of how often those feelings seemed to dominate my life.

After watching, I was trying to figure out exactly what feelings I have now. I am so completely happy and thrilled to have Sera in my life. I cannot imagine my life without her and Jim. While the video did bring up some old feelings, I realized that it's different now. The sadness I felt was for having gone through that time, but more for those still there. If given the chance, I would not change one single thing that I have done or has happened to me. This is the road I travelled. It has brought me here and now to the two I love most.


Labels: , ,



10 Comments:

Blogger Kim :) said...

Happy Birthday!! I love following your "life with Sera"... you make our slow journey to China a little easier! Enjoy your day!!

Blogger Jacquie said...

Happy Birthday Magi!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful celebration.

Blogger Kiy said...

What a wonderful birthday! Hope the whole day was as fantastic as the beginning. Having Sera home, best present ever (I am sure). Kudos to Daddy, he knows his gals well it sounds!

Cheers,

Kiy

Blogger C's Mom said...

Happy Birthday!

What a wonderful way to look at things. Everything we have gone through DOES make us who we are. I wouldn't change a thing either.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Blogger Tami@ourhouse said...

Happy Birthday- thanks for visiting my blog! Your daughter is beautiful. I have had several friends adopt from China and other countries. What a blessing she is!

I read your previous post, and you were wise to stay out of those children's stores! On a recent trip to the mall, I went in 'just to see' and I told my husband a big key to keeping my contentment with what we have is NOT visiting those stores with the beautiful children's clothes. Thankfully, I got out without spending any money!

Blessings to you and your family,
-Tami

Blogger Kate said...

Happy (late) birthday!

You share a birthday with my dad, how lucky are you? We had plenty of extra BBQ chicken and corn on the cob here, if you'd needed any... ;)

Blogger Redheaded Chick said...

Happy Birthday Magi!!!

Blogger Colleen said...

I'm quite late to this - but happy birthday! (sorry - I did have an excuse...lol!!) I hope it was wonderful and that you also enjoyed your vacation.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG