.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Saturday, July 08, 2006
Why Change?







I changed the blog for a few reasons.
  • It seemed like more fun than cleaning out the refrigerator
  • The standard templates were kind of boring
  • I need to get more familiar with HTML and JavaScript as I'm teaching both next year
  • And the main reason

I have been feeling less and less comfortable making the adoption the focus of a blog that's open to the public. I am going to continue to update as that's why I'm here. I figured that since I was really talking about me, I would change the name to what it feels like when I write my blog entries and when I read others. Doesn't it seem like a modern version of the kaffee klatsch? I remember reading novels about "housewives" in the fifties/sixties as they adjusted to a new world. One of the mainstays seemed to be the ladies meeting in each others' homes regularly to have coffee and chat. They provided support, camaraderie, and advice--kind of like the mom blog world I'm discovering out there. Anyway, that's why the new name to go along with the new look.



5 Comments:

Blogger Pug Mama said...

I tried to use one of Zoot's templates, but when I installed it, I kept messing up my blogroll and hit counter. Don't know what I was doing wrong. So I paid for a template and install, and THEY messed up ALL my blogroll titles. They renamed them, and they are wrong now, and I have been trying to change them back but I can't...ahhhhh!!!!!

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Melissa,
I just checked out your blog and really like your template. Obviously, I used one of Zoot's templates. My hit counter and blogroll didn't show up because I had added them in on the old templates html code. I copied my blog before I replaced it with the new template. Then I just opened the file and copy and pasted the codes over for anything I had added, like the hit counter, blogroll, clock, weather info, etc...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the new look/name. I use typepad and it's really difficult to make it personal. It took me a whole day to change the banner ;-) It's easier, for me, to use their templates.
I also feel my blog is a more a story about me...and my thoughts/adventures of family. That's why mine doesn't have a more "journey" type name.

Blogger Redheaded Chick said...

I like your new name!!! I have been thinking along the same lines as you, and will probably start a new blog once we are home with our daughter.

Blogger Barb said...

It's a really cute name and yeah, it immediately makes me think of moms getting together for a cuppa.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your link.

Wow. I so envy people like you who can do designs like this.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG